KTS LEGAL QUIZ 1
1. In private property a 60 day notice of termination of tenancy is required to be given to anyone who has lived in a property for 12 months or longer. True or False?
2. A written notice of entry by the landlord is necessary when the tenant initiates the request for repair or service. True or false?
3. When negotiating a lease in a foreign language what must you do through out the tenancy?
4. When negotiating a lease in English and the prospective resident do not understand what should you do?
5. A background check should be done only on applicants that look suspicious, because it is very expensive to run. True or False.
6. Under the new Megan's Law legislation, what are your responsibilities as a manager or owner towards your residents?
7. Under what circumstances must you provide a previous resident with receipts for charges incurred to repair or clean the apartment?
8. What is proposition 65
9. The state of California requires that all companies who employ ______or more employees must provide two hours of sexual harassment training to all supervisory employees.
10. Can you deny housing to a register sex offender
11. Give an example of a new law for this year
12. What 3 steps are recommended by the attorneys for the practice of preventive law?
KTS LEGAL QUIZ #2
1. According to the CPI how much can an owner or manager currently charge for application fees?
2. Can you charge an application fee if you do not have vacancies?
3. Can you charge an application fee if you’re not running a credit check?
4. Do you have to give the applicant a copy of his or her credit report?
5. Do you have to give receipt to the applicant for the application fee?
6. When using a “co-signer” for a third party responsible for the rent what 2 things must be required?
7. What is the purpose of the holding deposit?
8. What is the main purpose for using an application?
9. Who should complete an application?
10. When establishing rental criteria you must make sure that it is ________________________________.
11. When screening applicants do not use the same screening procedure for all applicants is better to use shortcuts and listen to your “gut” is this statement True or False?
12. When denying an applicant you must provide written notice of applicant’s right to obtain a copy of the credit report within _____day
13. In California, which agency is primary in charge of enforcing fair housing laws?
14. What are the statute of limitations for both HUD AND DFEH? ? _______ For the U.S. department of justice? ________ And for State or Federal Court with private fair housing attorneys? ____.
15. An owner or Apartment manager can use “safe harbor” to refuse what kind of applicants.
16. Make sure your California lease and rental agreements include the following information required by law.(5 things)